Prescription Management Wherever You Are
Access Anthem's online pharmacy tools at home or on the go
Manage everything you want and need to know about your prescription benefits in one place. It’s easy. It’s convenient. From getting your prescriptions filled to receiving health alert notifications and more, you can find it all by using our prescription benefit tools on anthem.com.
On anthem.com, click Manage your prescriptions and login to access the Pharmacy Homepage. From here, you can access our easy-to-use prescription tools. For some tools, you will be redirected to Express Scripts, the company that helps support your prescription drug benefits.
1. Search your drug lists
We have a drug search tool that automatically takes you to the drug list that applies to your benefit plan. You can search your drug lists for up-to-date information, such as:
- Tier status
- Clinical programs including quantity limits, dose optimization, prior authorization and step therapy
- Therapeutic class and category
2. Find a pharmacy in your network
With the Locate a Pharmacy tool, enter your ZIP Code and let us know if you want to see pharmacies that are open 24 hours a day or not, then choose Search. You’ll see a list of nearby pharmacies in your network, including pharmacies where you can fill a 90-day supply (depending on your benefit), or you can view them on a map.
3. Find out how much a drug will cost
With the Price a Medication tool, you can compare retail prescription medication costs at individual local pharmacies and check plan-specific drug coverage information. Just enter your address, city and state or ZIP code to see all the participating pharmacies in the area. Pricing can be viewed for up to three pharmacies at a time. Results include pharmacies that can dispense a 90-day supply, as well as home delivery pricing.
4. Check your prescription order status
Receive more accurate expected order ship date(s) as well as more concise and consistent messaging when an order has a delay.
5. Refill and renew prescriptions
6. Transfer to home delivery
Get home delivery for the whole family on eligible prescriptions.
You can even find many of the same helpful tools on your mobile device, so you can manage your drug benefit wherever you are. Think of the new pharmacy tools on anthem.com as a one-stop shop for many of your prescription benefit needs. You can also:
- Price a medication.
- Locate a pharmacy.
- Change the auto-refill settings.
- Switch to home delivery.
- Make payments and view payment history.
- Get member ID cards
- Set communication preferences.
Ready to check out your pharmacy benefits online?
Log in or create an account on anthem.com and choose Prescription Benefits to get started.
Skip the drugstore - have your medicine delivered to your home!
Why wait in line at the drugstore if you don’t have to? If you take prescribed medicine on a regular basis, you can get up to a 90-day supply delivered to your door.1 And depending on your plan, you may save on copays because the cost of a 90-day supply of many drugs is usually less than three 30-day refills. On average, members save up to 25% on their copay when they use home delivery.2 Standard shipping is free, and you can even set up automatic refills.
Getting started with home delivery is easy:
1. Go online to get a prescription order form
- Visit anthem.com, choose Manage Your Prescriptions from the home page and log in with your username and password. If you haven’t signed up on the site yet, you’ll need to do that first.
- On your personal pharmacy page, select Start a New Prescription.
- That’ll take you to the site of the company that helps manage our prescription benefits.(3) There, you can download and print the physician fax form or, if you already have a new prescription for a 90-day supply of medicine from your doctor, download the home delivery mail form. You’ll use one of these forms to send in your prescription.
2. Get a new prescription from your doctor for home delivery.
- You’ll need an up-to-90-day supply prescription. Your doctor can send in your prescription through e-prescribe or fax it using the physician fax form from step 1.
- Also ask your doctor for a 30-day prescription. Get this filled at your regular pharmacy to make sure you have enough medicine to last until you get your first home delivery prescription.
3. Send in your prescription.
- Fill out the home delivery order form and mail it to the address on the form. Be sure to include prescription and payment information along with it, OR
- Your doctor can fill out the physician fax form and fax or e-fax it to the number on the form.
4. Pay for your prescription.
- You can pay by check, e-check, money order, credit or debit card, flexible spending account or health savings account.
- You can sign up for e-payments or have your credit card on file online. To set up your payments, go to anthem.com, choose Manage Your Prescriptions from the home page and log in. Then, select Start a New Prescription. Once you’re on our prescription benefit manager’s site, select My Account to choose how you’d like to pay.
- If you want to use our Home Delivery Pharmacy and are enrolled in a program that helps you with your copay or if you use manufacturer coupons to help pay for prescriptions, you’ll need to give the program or manufacturer detailed claim information and a receipt to get paid back. The company that manages our prescription benefits can’t bill us or these third parties for prescriptions you fill through home delivery.
A few important things to know
- If your doctor prescribes a brand-name drug, your pharmacy plan may require the home delivery pharmacy to send a generic version instead.
- All prescriptions and refills, including those sent by your doctor, will be filled as soon as the home delivery pharmacy gets them.
- In most cases, your first order will arrive within two weeks after the home delivery pharmacy gets it. After that, the orders will arrive within one week.
- If you need your medicine sooner, you can call the home delivery pharmacy and ask for overnight delivery. It will still take 3 to 5 days to process the order, plus the shipping time. You’ll be charged extra for the faster shipping.
- Your orders will be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service, UPS or FedEx.
- With some drugs, you may need to sign to accept delivery.(4)
Call the home delivery pharmacy at 1-866-216-5449 and we'll get you started.
- Supplies are based on your pharmacy plan design.
- Express Scripts internal data, 2017.
- Express Scripts is a separate company that manages pharmacy services for our health plan members.
- Drugs that are defined as controlled substances are highly regulated, which requires the home delivery pharmacy to follow special rules for filling these prescriptions.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is the trade name of Community Insurance Company. Independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc.
Express Scripts is a separate company that manages pharmacy services and benefits on behalf of health plan members.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is the trade name of: In Colorado: Rocky Mountain Hospital and Medical Service, Inc. HMO products underwritten by HMO Colorado, Inc. Copies of Colorado network access plans are available on request from member services or can be obtained by going to anthem.com/co/network access. In Connecticut: Anthem Health Plans, Inc. In Georgia: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Georgia, Inc. In Indiana: Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc. In Kentucky: Anthem Health Plans of Kentucky, Inc. In Maine: Anthem Health Plans of Maine, Inc. In Missouri (excluding 30 counties in the Kansas City area): RightCHOICE® Managed Care, Inc. (RIT), Healthy Alliance® Life Insurance Company (HALIC), and HMO Missouri, Inc. RIT and certain affiliates administer non-HMO benefits underwritten by HALIC and HMO benefts underwritten by HMO Missouri, Inc. RIT and certain affiliates only provide administrative services for self-funded plans and do not underwrite benefits. In Nevada: Rocky Mountain Hospital and Medical Service, Inc. HMO products underwritten by HMO Colorado, Inc., dba HMO Nevada. In New Hampshire: Anthem Health Plans of New ii Hampshire, Inc.; HMO plans are administered by Anthem Health Plans of New Hampshire, Inc. and underwritten by Matthew Thornton Health Plan, Inc. In Ohio: Community Insurance Company. In Virginia: Anthem Health Plans of Virginia, Inc. trades as Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Virginia, and its service area is all of Virginia except for the City of Fairfax, the Town of Vienna, and the area east of State Route 123. In Wisconsin: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin (BCBSWi), underwrites or administers PPO and indemnity policies and underwrites the out of network benefits in POS policies offered by Compcare Health Services Insurance Corporation (Compcare) or Wisconsin Collaborative Insurance Corporation (WCIC). Compcare underwrites or administers HMO or POS policies; WCIC underwrites or administers Well Priority HMO or POS policies. Independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. ANTHEM is a registered trademark of Anthem Insurance Companies, Inc.