Just One Small Change Can Make a Difference
That’s right – just simple changes in our lives allow us to lead healthier lives. Many chronic conditions can be avoided or eliminated by just making a few lifestyle changes. Do you want to live a long, healthy life – outside of the hospital?
Will you choose 1 or 2 and get started?
- Add one piece of fruit before each meal
- Drink one full glass of water before each meal
- Go to bed at the same time each night to get 7-9 hours of sleep
- Set reminders to take your medication on time, every day
- Just Walk – 3 days a week
- Eat 5 small meals every day
- Think positive thoughts and laugh everyday
- Add a new “non-starchy” vegetable into each dinner
- Start dinner with a salad – light dressing and no cheese or meat
- Add fish into your diet once a week – not fried!
- Drink Green Tea – with honey (no sugar)
- Keep healthy snacks everywhere – almonds are great!
- Get involved in one “fun” group