A program available to you and your family offering access to confidential, professional support, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All IMPACT counselors are qualified masters/doctoral level positions. Click here to access the website.
How to Access the Website
- Recorded webinars available on demand beginning the first of each month
- No registration needed
- Submit questions anytime during the month and return to the webinar page to view responses
- Download a certificate of completion when you login using your Individual User Account if you want
- All webinars are archived for future viewing
- Look for the monthly webinar flyer and EAP feature article in the IMPACT on Wellness Newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens when I call IMPACT for assistance?
Regardless of when you call (day or night), you will speak with a mental health professional who can provide you with the support and guidance to navigate your present situation. Authorizations for counseling and other resource referrals are coordinated by our Triage Counselors during normal business hours (Monday through Friday). They will identify a network provider that is suited to meet your needs, answer any questions you may have about the counseling process, and follow up to make sure your needs have been met and you do not need any further assistance.
Will my employer know when I use the program?
Who pays for the program?
The IMPACT Employee Assistance & Work/Life Program is available to you free of charge, courtesy of your employer.
Who is eligible for the program?
Please note: EAP counseling services are intended for brief counseling interventions. Certain professional treatment services, such as medical care, psychiatric service, long-term counseling/psychotherapy or testing are not included in the EAP offerings. In the event that such services are needed, refer to your health care plan for an explanation of covered services.