"Specialty" Prescription Drugs
Effective July 1, 2017 a specialty drug copay of $100 was introduced to the plan
The copay and the 30-day supply limit was added in response to the rapid rate of expensive specialty drugs entering the market and to engage members to ask questions when prescribed new medication
To aid you in managing any current or newly prescribed Specialty medications,
Anthem offers services through their Specialty Pharmacy, Accredo.
There are two ways to sign up:
- Call Accredo at 1-800-870-6419 – be sure to have your date of birth, address, phone number, health plan ID number, medication name and your doctor’s name and contact information when you call. Accredo is available Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 11 pm and Saturday 8 am to 5 pm.
- Ask your doctor to send your prescription and a copy of health plan ID card to Accredo through fax (1-800-824-2642), phone (1-800-870-6419) or electronically through ePrescibing
How Can Accredo Help You?
- Pharmacists can tell you more about your condition, how your drugs work and any side effects. They can also answer urgent drug questions after hours.
- Nurses are available 24/7 to help you stay on track with your medicine. They’ll help you remain adherent to your doctor’s orders and will assist with any side effects.
- Care Coordinators can help answer questions about insurance, paying for your drugs, getting refills and so much more!
Remember: Specialty drugs come in many forms like pills, liquids, injections or infusions and typically need special storage and handling and may need to be administered by a doctor or nurse
For Anthem’s complete Formulary Listing visit: www11.anthem.com/pharmacyinformation and select “National Drug List 4 Tier”
Check your Rx status on the Mobile App!
Please Note: This is informational in nature. It is not medical advice. You should contact your physician with any questions.